RLong31's 2004 4x4 Edge Build Thread - Page 7 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Project Logs For detailed builds specific to the Ford Ranger, one thread per vehicle please.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #151  
Old 12-24-2015
Fordzilla80's Avatar
YZ
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,041
Damn, I thought the whole shifter was a Hurst, not just the handle. :(

Still a nice find though!
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 12-24-2015
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Damn, I thought the whole shifter was a Hurst, not just the handle. :(

Still a nice find though!
I did too, I didn't look closely at it when I bought it. The handle and that skull suck.. so I'm gonna keep looking for the FX4 ***** and eventually try to find the hurst shifter.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 12-24-2015
00GreenRanger's Avatar
Level III Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Bend, WA
Posts: 1,343
Nice find, Ryan. What's the plan for the manual swap? Are you gonna run the stock harness in the neutral position or are you gonna swap in a manual harness?
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 12-24-2015
Fordzilla80's Avatar
YZ
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,041
Manual swaps r fun.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 12-26-2015
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00GreenRanger View Post
Nice find, Ryan. What's the plan for the manual swap? Are you gonna run the stock harness in the neutral position or are you gonna swap in a manual harness?
I'll probably try to find a manual harness, but if not I was planning on getting a tuner anyway and from the little reading I've done I think I can get the auto stuff tines out? Not sure yet, have a long ways to go before I'm ready to deal with that. I'm more worried about getting that rear axle in soon.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 12-26-2015
00GreenRanger's Avatar
Level III Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Bend, WA
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLong31 View Post
I'll probably try to find a manual harness, but if not I was planning on getting a tuner anyway and from the little reading I've done I think I can get the auto stuff tines out? Not sure yet, have a long ways to go before I'm ready to deal with that. I'm more worried about getting that rear axle in soon.
You should be able to get rid of the 3k rev limit issue with a tuner. I plan to run the automatic harness with it in "neutral" and have a tuner to get rid of any hiccups.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bravetitan24's 2002 Edge Build Thread bravetitan24 Project Logs 589 10-03-2017 05:33 PM
Mike's aka "Mcleary316" 2004 Build Thread Mcleary316 Project Logs 348 03-28-2016 09:28 PM
After Build "build" thread... ShoNuff82 Project Logs 268 08-18-2015 07:47 PM
Dylans 03 edge build thread lots of pics sturgill Project Logs 19 07-27-2014 04:19 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.