I cant get to PM's and pages wont load!! - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Ranger-Forums Office Post all comments, questions, and suggestions about the site in this sub-forum. Announcements will be posted here as well.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-03-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
I cant get to PM's and pages wont load!!

I wrote to KLC yesterday about this issue, but it is happening again when I am coming to the site. I try to get to my private messages, recent threads and even the forum home and the only thing I am getting is 2 jeep advertisements , nothing else. I wanted to PM you again Kris, but I cant get to my messages now. Even when it shows I have messages, I hit the pop up box and go to a blank screen with 2 jeep advertisements and if I go back, click the drop box for private messages it doesnt drop down. I have refreshed the pages, tried 2 different computers signed in and out many times and sometimes I can get to where I want to go but its taking me about 15 mins just to read my messages.

Same thing occurs when I try to quote a thread and reply, It goes to the same jeep advertisements and its blank. Just about everytime I try to jump around the forums when it works and when it doesnt my computer and 2 other computers say done, but with errors on page. Any help would be appreciated. I was able to finally reply to the pm's but i'm kind of impatient when it comes to refreshing, signing on and off and whatever else I have to do just to read and go through the same thing to reply.
  #2  
Old 08-03-2011
Rooks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,867
Take a screenshot and post it... if you can that is.
  #3  
Old 08-03-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
I dont know how to do that from a computer stand point but I can try with the camera phone
  #4  
Old 08-03-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
Ok, I'm back. These were taken with my cell. Sorry but its all I can do. This was 5 attempts to go from pm's, to recent threads and go to the home page




  #5  
Old 08-03-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
See...DAMN JEEPS lol
  #6  
Old 08-03-2011
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
Not the best recommendation but you should consider contributing. Paying to solve the problem isn't ideal but it will get rid of the ads and make the site run much faster like it should.
  #7  
Old 08-03-2011
buggman's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dougal County
Posts: 1,648
The site has been acting funky for me too.

Pages won't load without hitting refresh a dozen times, PM's are crazy slow & won't load, sometimes the pages will only load the header & a couple ads like Hooligan mentioned.

It took me 5 attempts to get THIS message posted.
  #8  
Old 08-03-2011
rangertamer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: nebraska city nebraska
Posts: 75
i just read this thread and thought oh mines working fine. well i think i jinx myself i went to a different thread and it didnt load it just showed the jeep advertisment and it took me about 6 or 7 times to get back into this thread. i really hope this gets fixed, right when i wake up i sit and drink a cup of coffee and read stuff on the forums, it helps me wake up before i go to work.
  #9  
Old 08-03-2011
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
Weird. Must be a regular user problem. I am contributor and I'm having zero issues. It's probably related to the ads.
  #10  
Old 08-04-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
Not the best recommendation but you should consider contributing. Paying to solve the problem isn't ideal but it will get rid of the ads and make the site run much faster like it should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
Weird. Must be a regular user problem. I am contributor and I'm having zero issues. It's probably related to the ads.
I appreciate the suggestions, but I do have to be honest with that. To become a contributor should be something someone would like to do in response as a thankyou for the help or just a little give back to show appreciation for the site. Dont get me wrong, its a great site, I like it alot but I like seeing how things go for a while before becoming a contributor. I like to think the people enthusiastic enough about rangers, coming on and sharing their knowledge with the site,members with advice and "How To's" is a great contribution in itself.

I hope that isnt what its about, it would be defeating the whole purpose of an established forum and looking at members as a number count and not seeing them for the people in which they are and why they are here
  #11  
Old 08-04-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangertamer View Post
i just read this thread and thought oh mines working fine. well i think i jinx myself i went to a different thread and it didnt load it just showed the jeep advertisment and it took me about 6 or 7 times to get back into this thread. i really hope this gets fixed, right when i wake up i sit and drink a cup of coffee and read stuff on the forums, it helps me wake up before i go to work.
I'm the same way dude, morning coffee and the forum. It beats the newspaper for me any day.
  #12  
Old 08-04-2011
rangertamer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: nebraska city nebraska
Posts: 75
everything is starting to load alot better, but the latest thread section is still taking a couple trys to get it to load.
  #13  
Old 08-04-2011
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
We are working on it. The correct people have been contacted and will be resolving the issue today. Please be patient.
  #14  
Old 08-04-2011
Rick-RF's Avatar
OG
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
I wrote to KLC yesterday about this issue, but it is happening again when I am coming to the site. I try to get to my private messages, recent threads and even the forum home and the only thing I am getting is 2 jeep advertisements , nothing else. I wanted to PM you again Kris, but I cant get to my messages now. Even when it shows I have messages, I hit the pop up box and go to a blank screen with 2 jeep advertisements and if I go back, click the drop box for private messages it doesnt drop down. I have refreshed the pages, tried 2 different computers signed in and out many times and sometimes I can get to where I want to go but its taking me about 15 mins just to read my messages.

Same thing occurs when I try to quote a thread and reply, It goes to the same jeep advertisements and its blank. Just about everytime I try to jump around the forums when it works and when it doesnt my computer and 2 other computers say done, but with errors on page. Any help would be appreciated. I was able to finally reply to the pm's but i'm kind of impatient when it comes to refreshing, signing on and off and whatever else I have to do just to read and go through the same thing to reply.
Seems to be an issue with DNS / Routing to Google who is doing the adserving.
I run all those same ads day in and day out. About 2 weeks ago they would hang and require a refresh. A few days later its resolved and a few others are having the issue.

If you have the issue check the bottom left of your browser and see what URL it is that it is hanging on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooks View Post
Take a screenshot and post it... if you can that is.
Rooks is right, screens help alot. Its the only reason why i think in this case its a dns / routing issue.
You see, Google already served an add, its the final ad you are not getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
I dont know how to do that from a computer stand point but I can try with the camera phone
CTL P usually captures the full screen. Then you can use MS Paint or Photoshop, create new document and CTL V should paste the screen in (or edit paste).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
Not the best recommendation but you should consider contributing. Paying to solve the problem isn't ideal but it will get rid of the ads and make the site run much faster like it should.
Because I dont control Google this is certainly a path to resolution of the problem. Cheapest subscription we have is $15. You get decals and no ads and you help keep the site up. It works out to about 4 cents a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
I appreciate the suggestions, but I do have to be honest with that. To become a contributor should be something someone would like to do in response as a thankyou for the help or just a little give back to show appreciation for the site. Dont get me wrong, its a great site, I like it alot but I like seeing how things go for a while before becoming a contributor. I like to think the people enthusiastic enough about rangers, coming on and sharing their knowledge with the site,members with advice and "How To's" is a great contribution in itself.

I hope that isnt what its about, it would be defeating the whole purpose of an established forum and looking at members as a number count and not seeing them for the people in which they are and why they are here
I agree, no one should force it on you and I certainly dont see the above suggestion as that. My only argument would be is what you get from the site worth 4 cents a day or not? If it is and you can afford it then why not? You have been here 10 months already, I am not sure too much is going to change so Im pretty certain you know what the site is about.
Again, the site is free for use but in a situation like this all I can do is email my contacts and inquire as to why there is potentially a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
I'm the same way dude, morning coffee and the forum. It beats the newspaper for me any day.
Cheaper than the news paper too. I havent read the morning paper in years :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangertamer View Post
everything is starting to load alot better, but the latest thread section is still taking a couple trys to get it to load.
May just be the net sorting itself out.
  #15  
Old 08-04-2011
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Wirelessly posted

I couldn't tell ya how fast or slow it is. No intenet till next week. Verizon ppl are slow. Already used 2G of data on my iPhone this week lol
  #16  
Old 08-04-2011
hurley's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Belmar NJ
Posts: 1,488
This site loads really fast for me, faster than Facebook
  #17  
Old 08-04-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses!! Rick and Zach, thank you for taking the time to explain the situation and letting us know the problem is being worked on, and thank you for the tips to help the computer illiterate lol!!
  #18  
Old 08-04-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley View Post
This site loads really fast for me, faster than Facebook
Cause you live in Jersey and have to pay 50k in taxes a year so fast internet is the least they could do!
  #19  
Old 08-04-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
I agree, no one should force it on you and I certainly dont see the above suggestion as that. My only argument would be is what you get from the site worth 4 cents a day or not? If it is and you can afford it then why not?
This reminds me of one of the "Feed the children" commercials....For 4 cents a day, I can help a sick ranger and make sure its running properly. Take a look at this ranger, his dad was crashed last year and his mom was traded in leaving him alone...to fend for himself. Once you start contributing, you will get a picture of the ranger you are helping.

lol, I agree with you Rick, I hadnt realized I have been here this long
  #20  
Old 08-04-2011
01_ranger_4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 3,585
Hey, not sure what internet browser you are using but I would download firefox or Google Chrome and then you can have an Adblock so you dont see ads ever on any site, makes loading pages much faster without ads everywhere.
  #21  
Old 08-04-2011
Clinton's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
Ok, thanks for the tip Patrick K!
  #22  
Old 08-04-2011
01_ranger_4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 3,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Ok, thanks for the tip Patrick K!
you got it buddy! anything for you! lol
  #23  
Old 08-04-2011
ranger024x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: nova
Posts: 5,061
for what its worth, When i first open r-f and if im not already signed in, it takes forever before the opening page loads so i can put in my sn and password. After that it seems fine for me.
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
19 Pages of new threads? rangerboy101 Ranger-Forums Office 32 09-11-2011 01:55 PM
site taking forever to load/partial load morris Ranger-Forums Office 59 09-06-2011 12:59 AM
I cant get the drop box to get to my PM's Clinton Ranger-Forums Office 18 08-08-2011 09:44 PM
Is this site loading pages? <TX>TORKiT Ranger-Forums Office 5 08-07-2011 11:25 PM
Help!! windows wont roll up and deck wont come one dantheman General Technical & Electrical 4 08-26-2010 07:33 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:27 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.