Coilover Conversion Hardware - Page 9 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #201  
Old 09-10-2009
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
Would you mind checking on how much black powdercoating would cost? If it's too expensive just bare metal is fine with me.
  #202  
Old 09-10-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
those look amazing, good work
  #203  
Old 09-10-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
Would you mind checking on how much black powdercoating would cost? If it's too expensive just bare metal is fine with me.

i can get you a price on the powdercoating thr bars and everything if youd like.
  #204  
Old 09-10-2009
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow905 View Post
i can get you a price on the powdercoating thr bars and everything if youd like.
If it's not too much trouble I'd really appreciate it. I think I'd want everything powdercoated except for the gussets since they have to be welded on. Would that work okay?
  #205  
Old 09-11-2009
BLK02's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 1,350
shadow,

your going to be doing a round 2 still right? I just want to see them done and on a truck before I buy and maybe some reviews, not doubting your capabilities just something i'd like to see before dropping big money.
  #206  
Old 09-11-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK02 View Post
shadow,

your going to be doing a round 2 still right? I just want to see them done and on a truck before I buy and maybe some reviews, not doubting your capabilities just something i'd like to see before dropping big money.

yep. sure am. itll be in a couple weeks. gotta finish these and get them sent out and everything. then ill be sure to let you know.
  #207  
Old 09-11-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
If anyone else wants powdercoating other than KLC, then send me a PM please. Got an awesome offer on a little bit of free powdercoating.
  #208  
Old 09-11-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow905 View Post
If anyone else wants powdercoating other than KLC, then send me a PM please. Got an awesome offer on a little bit of free powdercoating.
Like how awesome?

Wanna do those bars for me?
  #209  
Old 09-11-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by seed60 View Post
Like how awesome?

Wanna do those bars for me?
umm....follow directions sir. PM


dorkapotomos
  #210  
Old 09-11-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Nice brackets! Are they not weld on? How are you powder coating them.
  #211  
Old 09-11-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
Nice brackets! Are they not weld on? How are you powder coating them.

no. remember the old shock mount? there will be a bolt going through the top of my mount, through a spacer(hole resizer) bolting it to the shock mount. then there will also be two bolts going straight through the back of the mount.

as for the lowers, they will bolt into existing holes in the LCA and then youll have to drill one extra hole to put another bolt in there. pretty dang simple. only need to weld some gussetts on to make the shock mount a little sturdier

another member offered some free powdercoating to the first five people that pm me and ask about it.
  #212  
Old 09-11-2009
camodown's Avatar
Lost in Nowhere
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 5,029
my chit isn't pretty enough for powdercoating but if he is felling froggy I can drop my bumper off and he can get after it haha
  #213  
Old 09-13-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
Im bored thought I would go pick up anything else I need for this swap so Im ready when the kit comes.

might seem like a dumb question, but are we going to need to buy some hardware(bolts etc)? if so, what all do we need?
  #214  
Old 09-13-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
curious if your giving a rough set of instructions.

ALSO, wheres a good place to get coilovers?
  #215  
Old 09-13-2009
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
curious if your giving a rough set of instructions.

ALSO, wheres a good place to get coilovers?
There is not much to the installation. Refer to MudSlanger's or shadow905's coilover swap thread for a rough guide.

Did you not get in on the group buy? I would get the coilovers from Off Road Warehouse. If you do be sure to ask for Nick or Ricky.

Last edited by KLC; 09-13-2009 at 07:44 PM.
  #216  
Old 09-13-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
There is not much to the installation. Refer to MudSlanger's or shadow905's coilover swap thread for a rough guide.

Did you not get in on the group buy? I would get the coilovers from Off Road Warehouse. If you do be sure to ask for Nick or Ricky.
I'm not lifted so I didn't know what size to get.

and I only ask about instructions because of the welding and the placement.
  #217  
Old 09-13-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
I'm not lifted so I didn't know what size to get.

and I only ask about instructions because of the welding and the placement.
its really simple. first, do a search for mudslanger's thread about the swap for pics. the welding is really easy, all youre doing is welding two gussets to the shock tower to reinforce them. The rest is pretty much all bolt on (have to drill a couple holes).

As far as the shocks, get your current shocks off and find the compressed and extended lengths. Get a shock that would match these lengths as closely as possible.
  #218  
Old 09-13-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
its really simple. first, do a search for mudslanger's thread about the swap for pics. the welding is really easy, all youre doing is welding two gussets to the shock tower to reinforce them. The rest is pretty much all bolt on (have to drill a couple holes).

As far as the shocks, get your current shocks off and find the compressed and extended lengths. Get a shock that would match these lengths as closely as possible.
well what if i want the truck to sit more level? wouldn't that change the size?
  #219  
Old 09-13-2009
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
well what if i want the truck to sit more level? wouldn't that change the size?
If you get the correct length you will be able to adjust the coilover to level the front ride height with the rear, within reason. Remember that a coilover setup does not take the place of a lift. You will only have so much adjustability before you will put the spring in a bind. Coilovers work similarly to a torsion bar in this respect.
  #220  
Old 09-13-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
If you get the correct length you will be able to adjust the coilover to level the front ride height with the rear, within reason. Remember that a coilover setup does not take the place of a lift. You will only have so much adjustability before you will put the spring in a bind. Coilovers work similarly to a torsion bar in this respect.
so all i need to find out is the lengths extended and unextended of the shock? thats pretty easy.
  #221  
Old 09-13-2009
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
I'm not lifted so I didn't know what size to get.

and I only ask about instructions because of the welding and the placement.
I think you will need a 2.0" X 5.0" coil-over, but don't quote me on that. I came to this conclusion based upon presumptive knowledge.

When you weld on the gussets just make sure you leave enough clearance for the UCA.
  #222  
Old 09-13-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
I'm not lifted so I didn't know what size to get.

and I only ask about instructions because of the welding and the placement.
I have a welder dude... I could help you out there!
  #223  
Old 09-14-2009
Rooks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,867
What's the lowdown shadow? Did you get them shipped out? Want to know when I need to start watching my doorstep.
  #224  
Old 09-14-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
i got a few sets made, tested, and ready to be shipped out. just, in all honesty, wont get time to get them shipped out today. i was hoping to, but my truck is down so im kinda at the mercy of someone else lending me their truck and im having to get it right after work. but i will get them out as soon as possible. youll get tracking numbers as soon as i get them.
  #225  
Old 09-14-2009
Rooks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow905 View Post
i got a few sets made, tested, and ready to be shipped out. just, in all honesty, wont get time to get them shipped out today. i was hoping to, but my truck is down so im kinda at the mercy of someone else lending me their truck and im having to get it right after work. but i will get them out as soon as possible. youll get tracking numbers as soon as i get them.
Sounds good man. I'll stop bugging you if your going to send out Tracking Numbers. Much appreciated.
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Sport Trac (Gone Coilover'd!) Coilover Pic Thread shooterdude199 Snapshots 17 09-27-2011 03:25 PM
For Sale: NEW RCD coilover brackets and hardware!!!!HI 808danger Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 10 07-14-2010 03:52 AM
new form of coilover conversion hardware HillPrideRanger Suspension Tech 13 12-14-2009 07:37 PM
checking interest: "superlift to coilover" hardware(TX) shadow905 Suspension Tech 173 08-12-2009 06:17 AM
COILOVER CONVERSION... Inputs??? Ford'sFORD Suspension Tech 33 03-09-2009 03:43 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:16 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.