Razorsedge's SAS - Page 5 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Project Logs For detailed builds specific to the Ford Ranger, one thread per vehicle please.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #101  
Old 10-18-2009
HighRollerII's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
Oh yeah. I just wanna say screw the people who think they're gonna do a SAS in one day!
amen! Its a lot of work..now where your at..its just piecing together..IMO hard part is done..
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 10-18-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRollerII View Post
amen! Its a lot of work..now where your at..its just piecing together..IMO hard part is done..
um are you sure??? lol i had to come down and get you motivated to finish the whole thing!
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 10-18-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
Oh yeah. I just wanna say screw the people who think they're gonna do a SAS in one day!
I'll do it. I could do this in my sleep now. Just fly me down there and by the end of the day you will be driving it.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 10-18-2009
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
um are you sure??? lol i had to come down and get you motivated to finish the whole thing!
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
I'll do it. I could do this in my sleep now. Just fly me down there and by the end of the day you will be driving it.
Yeah but half of its already done! I'll put all the brackets and IFS stuff back on and then you can come do it in a day. I hope theyll let you take that plasma cutter with you on the plane!
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 10-18-2009
HighRollerII's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
um are you sure??? lol i had to come down and get you motivated to finish the whole thing!

bahh -- you had parts that I needed to finish...so pshhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
I'll do it. I could do this in my sleep now. Just fly me down there and by the end of the day you will be driving it.
i will back him up on this one..one day and it was sitting on four tires.just needed a new drag link..then it was driving..
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 10-18-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
LOL!



Yeah but half of its already done! I'll put all the brackets and IFS stuff back on and then you can come do it in a day. I hope theyll let you take that plasma cutter with you on the plane!
sounds good. i could still do it, i can grind metal like no other. i have plenty of experience. :)

but i need my 12amp 7" bosch grinder.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 10-18-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRollerII View Post
bahh -- you had parts that I needed to finish...so pshhh


i will back him up on this one..one day and it was sitting on four tires.just needed a new drag link..then it was driving..

i just had to give you some crap!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 10-18-2009
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
sounds good. i could still do it, i can grind metal like no other. i have plenty of experience. :)

but i need my 12amp 7" bosch grinder.
Yeah you've sas'd like 12 rangers though so you don't count. I want a 7" grinder now though, I did all that with a 4.5".......I officially never want to grind anything ever again now.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 10-18-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
its great isnt it? did you do it with a face shield? i just go at it with a hat on backwards and a pair of safety glasses. kinda sucks when my arms and face/neck are all red and spotted up from burning pieces of metal though. lol

a 7" grinder will wear your arms out in no time but eats through all kinds of stuff in no time.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 10-18-2009
SB05EDGE's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Midland, Texas
Posts: 534
very nice ryan.......i agree with casey and doing a meet again when you get this done.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 10-18-2009
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
its great isnt it? did you do it with a face shield? i just go at it with a hat on backwards and a pair of safety glasses. kinda sucks when my arms and face/neck are all red and spotted up from burning pieces of metal though. lol

a 7" grinder will wear your arms out in no time but eats through all kinds of stuff in no time.
Backwards hat and safety glasses FTW. I wore my welding gloves though, I had a cutoff wheel break apart and hit me in the thumb once, I've always worn my gloves since that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB05EDGE View Post
very nice ryan.......i agree with casey and doing a meet again when you get this done.
Sounds good to me!
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10-18-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
lol nice! i really hate gloves, i normally wont wear them for anything. one of these days i am sure i will pay for it.

lately i have been lax on wearing safety glasses, need to get back on that. lol
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 10-18-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
Sounds good to me!
No Midland trip this year, bummer. Next year we need to go out and do some real trails!
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-18-2009
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
No Midland trip this year, bummer. Next year we need to go out and do some real trails!
Why aren't you going to Midland this year? As soon as I'm done with this thing I'm going to Carlsbad, then hopefully Midland, but I'm pretty sure Carlsbad is the closest place with 'trails' instead of just an area with a bunch of junk to climb lol.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-18-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Killafornia
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
lol nice! i really hate gloves, i normally wont wear them for anything. one of these days i am sure i will pay for it.

lately i have been lax on wearing safety glasses, need to get back on that. lol
x2 on gloves never wear em. had to have rust drilled out of my eye always wear glasses now haha
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-18-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
Why aren't you going to Midland this year? As soon as I'm done with this thing I'm going to Carlsbad, then hopefully Midland, but I'm pretty sure Carlsbad is the closest place with 'trails' instead of just an area with a bunch of junk to climb lol.
Girlfriend can't come up with the money. Who knows maybe I'll have enough extra cash to surprise her but I doubt it.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10-18-2009
camodown's Avatar
Lost in Nowhere
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 5,027
yeah, good trails around here are hard to come by. Katemcy is probably the closest decent offroading. There is a park or ranch around Juno. Satan's Playground

Last edited by camodown; 10-18-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 10-18-2009
03edge's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 1,031
that truck is sweet, and going in a good direction.... you make me want to do the 4x4 swap on my single cab red edge so i can justify lifting it! i need to get the ball rolling on mine.... great work
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 10-19-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
Oh yeah. I just wanna say screw the people who think they're gonna do a SAS in one day!
yea, they're full of ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
Yeah you've sas'd like 12 rangers though so you don't count. I want a 7" grinder now though, I did all that with a 4.5".......I officially never want to grind anything ever again now.
its a love/hate relationship.. with strong emphasis on the hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB05EDGE View Post
very nice ryan.......i agree with casey and doing a meet again when you get this done.
Maybe i'll be able to make this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
yeah, good trails around here are hard to come by. Katemcy is probably the closest decent offroading. There is a park or ranch around Juno. Satan's Playground
The owners are opening a new park a few miles from the old one in February! I'll be there, you should hop in with Ryan and come out for the weekend.

Last edited by 99ranger4x4; 10-19-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-19-2009
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,481
Small update. Hit the frame with a flap disc for a final cleanup before I start welding. Nothing big, but I should start putting stuff on pretty quick now. Still need my brackets from ballistic.....might be a while....

Name:  DSC01442.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  125.4 KB
Name:  DSC01443.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  140.6 KB
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 10-19-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
you have the caster set the wrong way...

positive caster and the axle tips towards the back of the truck not to the front. assuming you are setting it there. aka upper ball joint is behind the lower. (like steering in the air not the ground
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 10-19-2009
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
you have the caster set the wrong way...

positive caster and the axle tips towards the back of the truck not to the front. assuming you are setting it there. aka upper ball joint is behind the lower. (like steering in the air not the ground
No its just sitting there, I don't even have the axle centered yet. I just stuck it under there and threw the angle finder on it but then I got tired and came inside lol.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 10-19-2009
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,481
BTW Zach, what did you do about the 'bump' in the frame where the steering box is going to go? Just plate over it or did you flatten it out somehow?
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 10-19-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
i just plated over it, on both sides.. then drilled up to a 3/4" hole through both pieces of 1/4" plate and both frame rails to put a piece of .75" DOM in. that had to be the ****tiest part of the whole sas lol.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 10-19-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
lol nice! i really hate gloves, i normally wont wear them for anything. one of these days i am sure i will pay for it.

lately i have been lax on wearing safety glasses, need to get back on that. lol
i went to the ER twice in my class, atleast one of the times i was wearing safety glasses AND a face shield. i blame the face shield.

All the time at home i feel metal chunks hit my eye and places around my eye behind the glasses.. I always wear glasses, getting metal out of your eye ****ing sucks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SAS for t-bars optikal illushun Suspension Tech 22 03-02-2005 07:56 PM
SAS: affordable? loneFX4 General Technical & Electrical 22 01-31-2005 09:16 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:33 AM.