My 5.0L swap attempt :) - Page 22 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


8-Cylinder Tech If you are one of the few with a V8 engine in your Ranger, or if you dream of a Ranger with a V8 engine, this is the sub-forum for you.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #526  
Old 09-18-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
All I have left to do to the truck is button her up and paint some things!!! :)
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 09-18-2009
Hanks Rangers's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sandpoint, ID
Posts: 821
sick
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 09-19-2009
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
Awesome chris, congrats! Did you get all your speedo/tach stuff running right?
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 09-19-2009
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
When do we get more pics???
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 09-19-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by INT3RC3PTOR View Post
Awesome chris, congrats! Did you get all your speedo/tach stuff running right?
Speedo is dead on, but I havent had a chance to mess with the TACH yet. I will someday lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboy101 View Post
When do we get more pics???
Ill take more pics when I get a chance to wash it. Maybe when I get that regulator in the mail then Ill take pics then. Ill also have some videos up so please just give it time. Im just enjoying the fact that I have my own vehicle back again
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 09-19-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Um im having sorta a problem.. I went to check out the operation of my AC/heater controls and I cant seem to get it to work right. The heat WORKS, I havent charged my AC system yet so im not concerned about that just yet. I put the blower speed in ALL positions and it works in all 4 speeds, then I change the location that I want it to blow out but it doesnt change. It just constantly blows out the top part of my dash.. Is this part of my wiring or did I FUBAR my blower box in the engine bay lol Much help here would be great, thanks :)
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 09-19-2009
V8 Level II's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,833
Find the plastic vacuum hose to the A/C on the passenger side of the engine and repair or connect it. It goes to the vacuum reservoir first before going on to the A/C. Not sure on 2000 but I think the reservoir is in between the fender and inner fender. Later trucks it is under the air filter box.
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 09-19-2009
V8 Level II's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSlanger View Post
Speedo is dead on, but I havent had a chance to mess with the TACH yet. I will someday lol
The speedo is unaffected by the swap for 98~2000 Rangers because the VSS doesn't go through the PCM like the 2001+ Rangers. The tach fix is an easy ground wire change.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 09-19-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwenzing View Post
Find the plastic vacuum hose to the A/C on the passenger side of the engine and repair or connect it. It goes to the vacuum reservoir first before going on to the A/C. Not sure on 2000 but I think the reservoir is in between the fender and inner fender. Later trucks it is under the air filter box.
Cool Ill look at doing this... Something probably came disconnected while i was moving stuff around.. What is that ball looking thing thats under the intake? It has 2 lines coming out of it that runs just above the pass side fenderwell??

Last edited by MudSlanger; 09-19-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 09-19-2009
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwenzing View Post
The speedo is unaffected by the swap for 98~2000 Rangers because the VSS doesn't go through the PCM like the 2001+ Rangers. The tach fix is an easy ground wire change.
ohhh I forgot about that..you lucky sob. That is still the most anoying part of my swap. I have speed signal going to the computer for ****ing but I still have to find why I have nothing at my speedo yet. Its been like that for 2 years and I've gotten used to speed off rpms and sound.
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 09-19-2009
WowMike2001's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stevenson, WA
Posts: 2,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSlanger View Post
Cool Ill look at doing this... Something probably came disconnected while i was moving stuff around.. What is that ball looking thing thats under the intake? It has 2 lines coming out of it that runs just above the pass side fenderwell??
Ive always wondered that.. darn ball thing is always hangin around when I have to pop the inner fender off there - was always curious as to what it was.. some sort of a'c condensor item perhaps?
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 09-20-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by INT3RC3PTOR View Post
ohhh I forgot about that..you lucky sob. That is still the most anoying part of my swap. I have speed signal going to the computer for ****ing but I still have to find why I have nothing at my speedo yet. Its been like that for 2 years and I've gotten used to speed off rpms and sound.
Why dont you do what BOB did?
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 09-20-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by WowMike2001 View Post
Ive always wondered that.. darn ball thing is always hangin around when I have to pop the inner fender off there - was always curious as to what it was.. some sort of a'c condensor item perhaps?
yea that ball is wierd ... I want to know what it is grrr
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 09-20-2009
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSlanger View Post
Why dont you do what BOB did?
cause I'm lazy and he knows way more than me haha
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 09-20-2009
V8 Level II's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSlanger View Post
Cool Ill look at doing this... Something probably came disconnected while i was moving stuff around.. What is that ball looking thing thats under the intake? It has 2 lines coming out of it that runs just above the pass side fenderwell??
That ball is the vacuum reservoir. One vac line comes from the intake manifold and the other goes off to the A/C controls and the Pulse Vacuum Hublock system (if equipped). When the A/C mode stays in defrost, it usually means that vacuum isn't getting to the A/C controls.
Reply With Quote
  #541  
Old 09-20-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
So when you gunna let me drop by and check this out. We've been talking about a meet for a while.
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 09-20-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Im gonna have to check out the vac sources im wondering if i broke my ball, no pun intended.

And you can check it out anytime, Im still in the process of putting the truck back together right now so it looks good again. Give me another week and ill have this truck back together and everything working properly :)
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 09-20-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSlanger View Post
Im gonna have to check out the vac sources im wondering if i broke my ball, no pun intended.

And you can check it out anytime, Im still in the process of putting the truck back together right now so it looks good again. Give me another week and ill have this truck back together and everything working properly :)
If you need ANY help just lemme know. I work at a dealership if you need to come by on a weekend or something and use a lift or something.
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 09-20-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
I found out the problem. Well looks like my header melted the hard vac line going to the ball. So it pretty much melted it in half... How can I fix this? is there a nipple on the blower box area where I can just replace the whole line or do i need to figure out a way to add a connecter to it?
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 09-20-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSlanger View Post
I found out the problem. Well looks like my header melted the hard vac line going to the ball. So it pretty much melted it in half... How can I fix this? is there a nipple on the blower box area where I can just replace the whole line or do i need to figure out a way to add a connecter to it?
how about cutting the lines and throwing a larger vacuum hose over the lines and hold it on with a hose clamp?
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 09-20-2009
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
If possible you should replace it with some hose, it would hold up to the heat better. or you'll have to replace it with stock and move it out of the way or wrap it in Aluminum foil or somthn
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 09-20-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
well yeah you SHOULD replace it. I assumed he was asking for another way... Though I would def agree to replace it.
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 09-20-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Ill figure something out but maybe some zip ties and a bigger vac tube will do the trick
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 09-21-2009
05prerunner's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Apison, TN
Posts: 483
Just get some rubber vac tubing and put ovr it, as long as it isn't loose it wont leak.
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 09-22-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
this is what i shall do :) Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Call me Int3rc3ptor_wannabe(project attempt to make shane's truck kinda cool, ver1.1) Fx4wannabe01 Snapshots 47 04-29-2008 01:25 AM
First bumper attempt.. 4LO 4.0 Fabrication & Tool Tech 22 11-26-2007 10:29 AM
My first attempt at wheel polishing wvcat Auto Detailing 101 11 09-11-2007 05:27 AM
My first fabrication attempt v. skidplate QWIKSNK Fabrication & Tool Tech 15 06-13-2006 02:14 PM
Spark plugs / Attempt to kill RF noise. VENTING!!! Grrrr. FireRanger 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 32 11-15-2005 06:56 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:31 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.